Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hexagon birthday wishes

I love using stitches on my cards.  Extra dimension PLUS it ever so slowly uses up my thread stash.  Buttonhole thread in this case.  In inking this I used 2 different inks to create more of a mottled spectrum look.  Love the effect.

The Details:
Exterior:  PTI hexagon stamps, Gutterman thread, Craftsmart grosgrain ribbon, Brilliance rocket red gold pigment ink, Memento Dandelion ink, papers from my old stash

Interior:  Fiskars Birthday Cheer sentiment, same ink and thread

I'm entering this in the Seize the Birthday Challenge with "Toppings".

Added:  Also submitting to CASology 62 Arrow challenge.

4 comments:

  1. A fun and festive birthday card!. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've created the arrow out of that really fun ribbon! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative approach to the challenge. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun take on the cue word... great design! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!