Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Woodsy notecard

I really went wild with layers and embellishments with this card . . . for me, anyway.  I rediscovered these papers in my stash and felt really drawn to them. The paper does most of the work; I just added a scattering of tiny red flowers with gold centers to tie in that sturdy strap material.  Bonus--got to destash a whopping 5 brads and 2 feet of thread!  LOL.  Have any bird watches in your life?  I have a surprising lot once I started thinking about it.

The Details: DCWV Green Stack, PTI brown cardstock base, mystery ribbon, Viva Pearl Pen in Sunny (flowers centers), Hero Arts Tiny Backgrounds, Spellbinders dies, mystery brads from my kid sis

I'm entering this in Simon Says Anything Goes, The Male Room #22 Wood, Crafter's Cafe #88 Things with Wings, Crafty Cardmakers & More #126 Cut it Out

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, very colourful papers and nice choice of the Spellbinders dies. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More for our 'cut it out' challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty love the colors! Thank you so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colour combination on your card - and the birds are great! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers & More...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the background paper with the woods!! Love the die cut wooden frame too! Lovely card. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trully I ever have that paper..sent from my friend in the USA and I have used that paper..looks so lovely on your card...lovelly add the little birdie on your card and nice add of the wood...good luck with the Male Room challenge Toni..hugs,Monika HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love getting out of your comfort zone and going for it with patterned paper??!! This is fantastic and I LOVE that paper, the colours are gorgeous. If you get a chance I would love for you to join us at TIME OUT Challenges, our theme is 'Birds of a feather flock together' so this would be perfect. This is the link http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2014/10/challenge-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful use of your fab DP, thank you for sharing at The Crafters Café, hope to see you again soon
    {Crafters Cafe DT Member}
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great papers! Thanks for joining in at TMR!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!