Monday, November 17, 2014

Winter Scene

Oh, how I love the simplicity of white on white.  And that pop of red--marvelous!  If I had a signature look, this would be a contender.

I first stamped the sentiment then applied the embossing paste to the falling snow stencil.  Before removing the stencil, I sprinkled on glitter.  I wasn't sure if it would stick over time but it's held up remarkably well.  Notice how I added a blob of paste at the bottom of the tree plus glitter to represent accumulated snow--conceals the tree base so it wouldn't be floating.

The Details:  Fiskars sentiment, Memory Box bird die (the top one), Impression Obsession Birch Tree (the cardinals) and Bare Tree dies, Spectrum Noir DR3 and DR4, Memento Nautical Blue, Simon Says Falling Snow stencil, Dreamweaver embossing paste, Doodlebug Design Sugar Coating lily white glitter, Recollections white 110 lb cover stock

I'm entering this in Make My Monday Glitter, Fantasy Stampers #23 Red Alert, Just Add Ink #240 Just Add Texture, Jingle Belles The Great Outdoors, Christmas Cards All Year 'Round No Patterned Paper   

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to add texture Toni, so crisp & clean and those little pops of colour are very striking. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS, Toni! Love the elegant simplicity of the white-on-white, but adore the pops of red that the birds provide. Great, glittery snow, too. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning - love the pop of red and the gorgeous sparkle - thanks for sharing this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS!!! Love the embossing.. Love the little touch of red!! Just a Perfect Card!! I LOVE IT!!!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges (DT Call Until Nov. 22nd)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pop of color is fantastic ... love the sparkling snow too ... thanks again for venturing into the great outdoors with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOH! now this is a STYLISH example of white-on-white if ever i've seen one! not to mention that jaw-dropping pop of red, which is as lovely as seeing real cardinals in the snow! thanks very much for joining us JINGLE BELLES in "the great outdoors"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the red birds on the white on white card. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is stunning! The texture on the plain white is fantastic and the pops of red with the birds are a great finishing touch. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning and how those red birds pop. Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving that white on white too, and you know how much I'm loving red and white at the moment. Its so crisp and clean, it's one of my favourites of your Xmas cards so far. Gorgeousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning! I love just the little touch of red for the birds. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the snow! And the birds do really pop out.Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!