Wednesday, April 6, 2016

HLS Mixed Media April Challenge

This month at the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media challenge, the inspiration word is Wings.  What do you think of with that word?  I think of feathers, birds, super heroes, insects, angels, planes, da Vinci.  Maybe you think of something totally different.  Come on over and share your ideas with us!

For my card I sprinkled some Jacquard acid dyes on mixed media paper and gave it a few good spritzes of water.  I then used a paper towel to pull up some of the color, leaving a really cool texture (the upper left is a clear example).  Next I stamped a sheet music background with white pigment ink.  Having fun now!  The two birds were next as well as a Copic branch and the sentiment.  Not quite done but almost.  I decided to add a bit of black embossing powder heated from beneath so I didn't need to use Versamark.  Love the added tactile element.

So that's what I did.  What are you going to do?  Can't wait to see!

7 comments:

  1. This is so cool Toni! I love what you do with your magic hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool Toni! I love what you do with your magic hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mix of elements Toni! Looks like you had a lot of fun making this! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours and details like the black ep, the music, the texture from the paper towel! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!