Monday, August 1, 2016

House of Cards August Challenge!

Time for the August challenge from The House of Cards!!!!!  You can use the colors or twine.  Come on over the join in the fun!
As you can tell, I decided to use twine rather the colors with my card!  :)  I wanted to create a nautical new home card for my kid sister who bought a condo and is decorating with a beach theme since that's her happy place.  I think she's going to love this!

I took the Carta Bella Anchors Away stencil and taped it over the top of my Tim Holtz watercolor paper.  I then sprinkled on some Brushos in ultramarine and spritzed with water.  See the blobby section in the middle--a bit heavy with the water but let's call it artsy.  Btw, I immediately took the stencil off and set aside the panel to dry.

I diecut the sailboat out of yellow striped paper and then used a Copic to brighten the yellow to match the frame.  Love that shade!  I used the wavy edge of a rectangle die to create the waves on the bottom panel.  The sentiment is stamped in VersaFine Onyx Black.  I punch a hole in the anchor of the sentiment then ran twine through it.  The anchor you see here is part of a string of ribbon anchors. I knew I'd find a use for those some day!  I also cut a tiny little red flag to fly on the sailboat's mast. So cute!

The Details:  Carta Bella Anchors Away stencil, Clear Wink of Stella, Ultramarine Brushos, Tim Holtz watercolor paper, Versafine, anchor ribbon (pieced), Darice baker's twine, Sweet Stamp Shop Sail Away, Fancy Pants Making Waves 6x6 paper, The Paper Company Primary Yellow cardstock, Copic Y06, Waffle Flower Lacy Layers die


9 comments:

  1. Toni, I just love your card! It feels so crisp and fresh! I love the sentiment and the way you've used the twine! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue and yellow Toni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Toni, love the nautical theme and your choice of colors, great use of the twine! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Toni, love the nautical theme and your choice of colors, great use of the twine! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! I love the textures that you achieved and the colors - always so cheery! Plus I am into anything nautical as of late so you had me at the anchors! jane hoc teamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes artsy is good!!! Love the stencil you used - have never used stencils with Brushos. The sailboat is too cute and the twin works it all together perfectly. Shirley H. Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally LOVE this bold and summer card, Toni! The colors you used are fabulous--and the POP of red in the twine is the perfect finishing touch! Gorgeous! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete

  8. I really like the blurred background of your card, Toni! It goes great with the sharp lines of the other elements and the font of your sentiment! Excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Beautiful card and I love the vibrant colors and background :o)
    Tina HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!