Friday, June 9, 2017

You're Flamin' Fabulous


For my card I had to, just had to, use an umbrella with a flamingo. How fun and whimsical! And somehow so flamingo-like, right? First, I sponged the base blue-gray cardstock with Distress Oxide then spattered with water before embossing with the hearts journal card die. This is framed by the MB collage die--can't you just see the water. My flamingo was next with a bit of sponging. I stamped the beak afterwards so it would remain crispy black. The umbrella uses 3 different patterned papers--I heart this green! The handle is diecut out of black then adhered on top for depth but could easily have been colored in as was the tip of the umbrella. I fussy cut the embossed sentiment in keeping with the curves of the MB collage die then sprinkled a few glitter dots about. So fun!

Oh, right. Check out the flamingo pic below.  This is before I decided to add the Oxide to the background. What a difference, right? You can also see the Wink of Stella better too.



A reminder about the current THD Challenge #13 too!

The Details: Hero Arts Color Layering Flamingo and Sea Mix Layering Paper, Memory Box Underwater Collage Die, My Favorite Things Layered Umbrella, Sugarpea Designs Notched Heart Journal Card, Carta Bella Beach Day 6x6 paper, Doodlebug Design Fun in the Sun 6x6 paper, Eyelet Outlet Hot Pink Glitter Dots, Wink of Stella, Distress Ink Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick, Distress Oxide Broken ChinaRanger Multi Medium Matte, Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampendous Detail Fine White Embossing Powder


10 comments:

  1. Frankie what a fun and whimsical card. The umbrella with it's delightful green paper piecing is so choice! I also like your use of the die cut for the background and focus on the water. And of course your beautiful flamingo is the star of the show and beautifully coloured. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni, I love the whimsy of your card! That flamingo just got a whole lot cuter, holding the umbrella. I'm amazed at how vibrant the oxide ink made the background--great idea showing the before and after. Great colours and design as usual. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink and blue and green. *sigh* Those colors just make me happy. And I'm with you...those green papers are perfection. What a fun layout, too. Whimsical, that's the word my brain was searching for! Love it. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect take on the inspiration photo! I love that sweet flamingo...and the colors are awesome!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card - I love the colours you've used and that flamingo looks so at home with his/her umbrella. Thanks for joining in with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Toni! Love the colors and the flamingo. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card! Thank you for linking up with my Feminine 'Anything Goes' challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fabulous summery feel of this card! Great images, and wonderful attention to detail! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this flamingo with its umbrella, and that underwater collage die is perfect. Love your use of oxide inks. Your fun creation is perfect for our challenge. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on winning Time Out, see our blog for details for how to redeem prize and be GD x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!