Wednesday, October 11, 2017

CDD October Sneak - Angel Kisses


Today is your first full view of Angel Kisses, one of the new sets available for purchase this Friday, October 13, at the Craftin Desert Divas online shop!

Now I'm not normally an angel girl but these had me at "hark!"  They're so adorable, aren't they! And just wait until you see the other angels in the set. Cuteness overload for sure.

Steps I took (note not necessarily the most logical order because that's how I roll!):
  1. Mask & stamp the angels then color them using Copics.
  2. Add flooring to ground them. I just eyeballed the perspective of the planks and flicked away.
  3. Mask the spotlight then sponged yellow, concentrating overhead, on their hair, the side of the wings and the floor around them. This really pulled the whole card together.
  4. Diecut the focal panel using the Fancy Frame Dies.
  5. Added some Wink of Stella to the wings and halos.  NOTE: I waited to do this after coloring so I wouldn't muck up my Copic with glitter.
  6. Stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black. NOTE: I do this last, after sponging, after diecutting, etc, so that my sentiment remains crisp and ink doesn't transfer to my cutting plates (ask me how I know).
  7. Impressed the base of the card with the largest of the Fancy Frame Dies and adhered the card front.

So sparkly and flippity cute!  I know exactly who is getting this card for the holidays. One down, many to go!  LOL.

I'm entering this in Addicted to Stamps and More #263 Holiday

The Details:  Craftin Desert Divas Angel Kisses and Fancy Frame Dies, Copics, Distress Ink Squeezed Lemonade, Clear and Gold Wink of Stella, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black

2 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous Toni! I can see why you like them so much. Beautifully coloured and such a great layout especially the light shining down on those songsters. Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps & More.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun set of choristers, so beautifully coloured too.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!